Monday 28 April 2014

Basic Unit

After completing the Warboss I was struggling to decide what size to get him printed at, but rather than waste time thinking about this issue I got straight into modelling my 3rd and last model.

There isn't much to say about this model, he is a basic infantry or 'grunt' unit, and is therefore pretty straightforward. I found I was able to build the model fairly quickly as by this point I was well practiced in how to use Zbrush to my desired effect. I have also become used to the 3D printing requirements and what impact these have on how the model must be built. I therefore didn't have to make any fixes or adjustments to the model once I was done building and decimating it.

I wanted to keep this unit fairly simple and not overloaded with detail, yet maintain the mix of Ork and Chaos that I'd acheived so far with my other models. The reason behind this is most basic units in Warhammer are mainly simple and numerous with only small variations between each model. I feel I managed to acheive this in my finished model.








No comments:

Post a Comment