Friday 21 February 2014

Model 1 - Chaos Ork Tracker

My latest blogs have mainly been about the process of 3D printing and some of my evaluations of test sculpts, which although important in my project, are admittedly a little dull to read about. Hopefully this post will offer a bit more interesting stuff and a look at how my project is progressing in terms of actually making some stuff!

So my original plan was to make the main 'HQ' unit, theWarboss, first as he is sort of the most important. But while doing some concepts (still to come) I really got interested in the Tracker unit more. I thought it would be a good idea to start the project with something I'm excited about to really get the ball rolling and get me into it. So I started with the Tracker first. He has been sculpted in Zbrush and I made a simple column 1mm by 1mm by 3" (the height I wanted the model to be) in order to make sure all the little details where thick enough while I was modelling.

There are still a couple of little things I want to add / change about the model before its ready to print. I have decided to detach the arms and head before printing as this will make the model easier to paint later. The arms and head will be printed on a separate sprew and glued back on later.

This model is also going to have between 1 and 3 pet 'Squigs' which are basically chaos corrupted creatures which he will hold via a chain. These will be sculpted later and 3d printed separately before being painted and attached to the model.

For now though here are some 'almost finished' screen grabs of my Tracker Unit!






3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! Great stuff. Did you model it on Dempsey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much ^_^ I'm enjoying modelling the main characters, I know a lot more about Zbrush now. I was thinking about it but then thought better not as he might try sue me using all his 'legal knowledge' for using his likeness :-/

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete